> Quick Start
> Basic Concepts
> Code Examples
> Tool Examples
> Choose Skin
> Contact Me
> PHITE Sites
Welcome to the PHITE PHP Site Framework.
PHITE is a simple but powerful site framework written in PHP. It came about because I wanted
to put together a number of websites, but I wanted to make sure that they were easily
maintainable. I use (and love) PostNuke for one of my sites, but its community model
was overkill for the other kind of sites I wanted to make. At the same time, I wanted to be
able to easily include some code where necessary, so the framework needed to be
I searched the web for the kind of framework I wanted, but nothing quite fitted. My
experience with PHP was very limited (I had only written one very simple script), but I
decided that I should at least have a go. PHITE is the result.
PHITE has been heavily influenced by Python's ZOPE. Now, at the same time, I don't
want to imply that PHITE is a ZOPE copy. ZOPE is a full object framework and a highly
capable and complex environment. PHITE is a single simple script, but it does allow the same
model of building a site through placing simple files in a directory hierarchy. Think of
PHITE as the ability to build a site simply by dropping text, HTML or PHP snippet files
in directories. Those snippets can be edited and maintained to keep the site fresh and alive.
Attributes of PHITE are:
I hope that you find PHITE interesting and useful. PHITE is released under
the GPL, and I welcome updates and modifications.
- No coding necessary, a site can be built from plaintext files if desired;
- Whole site generated from single HTML template file;
- Supports very simple 'skins', just give multiple template files;
- Site structure and contents derived from directory structure;
- Build whole site from small text, HTML or PHP 'snippets';
- No database necessary;
- Very easy maintenence;
- Single PHP main script with only two variables to set to start out;
- Very flexible and simply extendible;
- Multiple 'sub-sites' with different look, feel and content can be driven by the same script.
Chris Robson, Tom Brennfleck, Jarod Brennfleck
Latest - 3/1/2016
0.9301 Released! Cleanup the phite code.
0.93 Released! Added tools to the editor, so it has a web site administration
Still - ToDo: Sort folder list
ToDo: create folder
More robust than 0.9, and with better handling of bad page requests. If you already
have a 0.9 site then see the FAQ for upgrade details.
Download Phite here, make a few changes and your ready to go.
This site is completely powered by PHITE, watch the URL!